Friday, February 26, 2010

Adam Jones - All Star and Gold Glove CF



The AJ signed Orioles Postcard was my first of my increasing number of his autographs. mostly because he is such a good signer. I got this postcard in person at the 2008 Orioles FanFest (his first). He was my main goal at that Fest because of his top prospect status, even though I didn't have anything of my own for him to sign. That is the only reason I got this postcard signed, but it turned out great. He has such a great sit-down autograph.



After going the rest of 2008 without getting another autograph of Jones, I had to get at least one in 2009. I got more than I thought last year by far. The above signed baseball was obtained in person at the 2009 Orioles FanFest. Once again, I did not have a card or photo for Adam to sign, so I decided to try a sweet spot baseball. Again, it turned out to be great in 2 ways. 1. The autograph looks great. 2. He had a breakout year that included an All-Star selection and a Gold Glove Award. More to come from AJ in 2009.





The second 'graph I got of Bazooka Jones in 2009, a 2008 Topps Allen and Ginter. These cards are amazing for autographs. I got this card signed at a public signing at a Wendy's in Linthicum. I was hoping to get more than one, but since there were so many people there, they were a strict one-per person. However, I am very happy with my card choice. This autograph on this card is amazing and is my favorite Jonesy autograph. Still more to come from Jonesy in 09.






This is the only Adam Jones autograph that I got that wasn't at a scheduled signing. I got this card signed at the Orioles/Nationals game at OPACY last season. The game happened to be Nick Markakis BP Jersey Day (Which I did get). Adam was signing by the dugout, and signed this card for me. This is the sloppiest autograph I have of AJ, but it is still great nonetheless. One more to come from AJ in 09.



The final autograph I got of Adam Jones in 2009 was this Orioles bobblehead base of, obviously, Adam Jones. The Orioles gave out this bobblehead at a game last year. Later in the season, Adam was signing at a baseball training center called the Sandlot BWI in Glen Burnie. I was hard to scan this, but you can still see the auto and can see that his sig turned out great, I have to get a Jones autograph in 2010, but I have multiple cards and magazines that are waiting to be inked by Adam.

No comments:

Post a Comment