Sunday, February 28, 2010

This Past Week's Non-ST TTM Successes

As I said in my previous post, I had some TTM successes this past week that weren't from a ST sendout. I received 3 non-ST returns this past week, 2 of which were very long waits.



Jeff Kent signed 2 cards in thin blue sharpie in 4 months c/o Kent Powersports. I already had a Kent TTM autograph, an Astros card. But I wanted ones of him on the Giants and Dodgers. As you can see, I was successful. I'm glad to add two more autographs of this potential future HOF'er to my collection.



Jeff Kunkel (3 Jeffs in the same week, weird coincidence) signed 3 cards in over a year c/o home in black sharpie. Jeff was an average major league baseball player during his career, never played for the Orioles, and I already had his autograph from a previous TTM success. So you may ask, "Joe, why would you want another one, yet alone 3 more?" I have two answers. 1. He is a good TTM signer (even though this letter was probably misplaced because he signed in 9 days last time), so he is a slump buster. 2. I know a guy whose name is Jeff Kunkle, and I think it is funny how they have VERY similar names, and its just one of those funny autographs.



And now the longest wait. Billy Ripken signed 2 cards c/o home address in over 2 years! This was one of my longest waits ever, and Ive been doing TTM consistently since 2006! This was also a very sentimental request. One of the cards Billy signed was a homemade card that I made when I was eight years old. It was the 3rd of those cards I made (David Segui and Scott Kamieniecki are the others) and having that signed is special to me.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Joe,

    You should check out this blog:

    http://dugoutdug.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe, that card you made when you were younger is awesome!! It's just sweet that he signed it too. Cards with sentimental value like that are just beyond cool.

    ReplyDelete